DANVILLE, Va. – Four cats were rescued from a burning apartment at 6171 Riverside Dr. Tuesday morning.

Firefighters arrived about 9:15 and found a two-story apartment building with heavy fire and smoke showing from one unit on the ground floor. The occupant was outside but told firefighters her four cats were still in the burning building. Firefighters battled the blaze and rescued all four of the animals.

There were no injuries but heavy fire damage was reported in one apartment along with smoke damage to the two adjacent units.

The fire started in some unattended cooking. The occupant was alerted by a working smoke detector.

Three engines and a ladder truck responded and firefighters were on scene for two-and-a-half hours.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Loading...