One person was transported to the hospital for treatment during a structure fire in Danville on Sunday morning. The Danville Fire Department responded to the fire at 147 New Street and discovered a one-story duplex with smoke emanating from the D-Side front door.

Quickly assessing the situation, fire crews from E-5 were met by the resident on the front porch of her apartment, who confirmed that all occupants had safely evacuated and indicated that the source of the smoke was her kitchen.

The cause of the fire was determined to be unattended cooking. Crews quickly extinguished the fire and prevented further damage.

The resident suffered from smoke inhalation and received immediate treatment from the on-scene DLSC unit before being transported for further care.

The department remained on scene for one hour and 45 minutes. 

The response included the deployment of 3 Engines, 1 Ladder truck, and 2 support vehicles from the DFD. Both Police and DLSC teams provided invaluable support services throughout the incident. 

Engine 5 remained on scene and installed smoke detectors for the resident.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>